Before this all started I said,
This group features hosts South Africa plus Mexico, France and Uruguay. It has a faint whiff of being a 'Group of Death'. But we shall see.
What we actually saw was some high comedy from the French. Their simmering antipathy towards their coach boiled over into open revolt and thus the die was cast - everybody in Ireland was pissing themselves laughing (and in other chunks of the world too). Hosts South Africa should probably have gone out a little more positively against Mexico in their first game. All in all, based upon performances Uruguay and Mexico deserved to qualify for the Round of 16.
- World-Sarkozy meets Henry to discuss France failure Eh? Now I know that football is important, never mind life and death and all that, but this just takes the biscuit. Or does it? Anyone remember Kim Hughes blubbing like a baby in the early 80’s when the Aussies lost yet another Ashes series? Well the government down under took matters so much to ...
- Uruguay 1-0 Mexico Smooth progression for two times winners.
- South Africa 2-1 France So close? Nah, defeat against Uruguay had already made this game academic.
- Domenech lays into ‘imbeciles’; will drop ringleaders? Aren’t they great the French? A supremely talented team and, notwithstanding the manner of their qualification, a team that should have been easily able to qualify out of this group. That they haven’t is perhaps due to a similar malaise as their near neighbours from across La Manche – ill disciplined and snotty-nosed players who ...
- France 0-2 Mexico French WC Team stinks the place out, or put another way Ils rentrent à la maison?
- South Africa 0-3 Uruguay Naivety? Lack of nouse? Or just plain rubbish? South Africa were well and truly beaten here.
- Evra Claims France Have Been Put Off By Vuvuzelas It may be the lamest excuse with regard to France’s poor start, but you do have to read this article from the People in full knowledge of who his club manager is. Grey shirts meaning that we can’t see each other, anybody..? Evra Claims France Have Been Put Off By Vuvuzelas via People.co.uk – Football – Football ...
- Uruguay 0-0 France Poor game that. Govou probably should have scored with his chance in the first half and Forlan’s effort was well saved by Lloris.
- South Africa 1-1 Mexico Well that was a pleasing distraction and as an end to all the hype it worked quite well. I thought that the game was pretty even, with Mexico the better team in the first half.
- Uruguay v France (1930 BST) This is my first try at using this feed – Team news from the BBC – let’s hope it works… Uruguay v France (1930 BST) via BBC Sport | Football | UK Edition on 13/05/10 Posted via email from I Want Football
|No items matching your keywords were found.|