Before this all started, I wrote,
Group C sees England joined by USA, Algeria and Slovenia. England's approach will be key here. They should qualify relatively easily but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating - or should that be the proof of the pizza...? I'll get me coat.
I reckon that I was right. England's approach was key. I think that we went off like a train against the USA, got the early goal, then were pegged back due to a poor error by Robert Green then huffed and puffed to find a winner before settling for a point. Then we underestimated Algeria and gave the worst performance of Capello's tenure and were rightly and roundly booed from the pitch at the end. So to the last game versus Slovenia and some modicum of normal service was resumed. USA deservedly tops the group - just to think, they were on their way home at half time in their game versus Slovenia...
- England 1-0 Slovenia England expected...
- USA 1-0 Algeria USA proves that they're not here to make up the numbers...
- Algeria 0-0 England All the cliches could and should come out after this dog's breakfast of a match. It was truly diabolical. Algeria are excused from any criticism. For all of those newspaper editors, sub-editor, headline writers, journalists etc who came out with all of the usual 'England Expects' bollox last week before the tournament started should hang their ...
- Slovenia 2-1 USA I knew that if we gave it time this World Cup would come alive. This was a very interesting game between the countries with the lowest population and the highest. I was running around collecting the children from school etc whilst this was on so I had the company of Radio Five Live. Only one ...
- Adidas dismisses England complaints about new ball I'm inclined to agree with adidas. All the conspiracy theories about 'dem jeermans' having the ball to play with since February is such a load of old bollox as to be truly laughable. Fact is it's that old conflict between cost and value again. The Premier League has a deal with Nike to use their ...
- Beckenbauer: England have regressed under Capello One supposes that when a man like Herr Beckenbauer speaks (or his 'ghost' writes) you should listen. I think that he's a man with a genuine affection for England - remember the Germans are not in anyway as rabidly anti-English as we are anti-German. Truth is, the FA's Blueprint from all those years ago, handed ...
- Algeria 0-1 Slovenia Quite how this dismal game was decided is beyond me. The best bit was Pet Nevin on Radio 5 Live - I watched the pictures with the R5L commentary. Anyway, after a largely turgid first half, of which the best bit was Nadir Belhadj's free kick on 3 minutes. The Algerian 'keeper Faouzi Chaouchi ...
- England 1-1 USA Group C
ENGLAND HOME SHIRT v SLOVENIA 2010 WORLD CUP CROUCH No9 SIZE XL BNWT
$35.30 (12 Bids)
Time Remaining: 7h 6m
PANINI WORLD CUP DELUXE FOIL TEAM CRESTS 2010 PREMIUM GOLD CARDS BRAND NEW
Time Remaining: 8d 22h 50m
Buy It Now for only: $8.40
Umbro ENGLAND 2010 WORLD CUP Vintage Football Shirt Soccer Jersey Mens L 44
$7.08 (3 Bids)
Time Remaining: 2d 6h 8m
England World Cup 2010 2012 Away Football Kit Umbro Shirt short sleeved size 44
Time Remaining: 4d 19h 27m
Signed England World Cup 2010 Soccer Jersey with COA
Time Remaining: 16h 46m
Wayne Rooney 2010 World Cup England Jersey Shirt Manchester United + Extras
Time Remaining: 5h 23m
Buy It Now for only: $49.99
ENGLAND 2010 WORLD CUP KIT AWAY X LARGE
Time Remaining: 2d 14h 19m
Buy It Now for only: $45.00
CARLSBERG LAGER ENGLAND WORLD CUP 2010 FIXTURES PUB ADVERTISING POSTER UNUSED A
Time Remaining: 6d 10h 21m
Mens New ENGLAND WORLD CUP SOCCER T Shirt from South Africa 2010 FIFA size L
Time Remaining: 4d 10h 31m
Choose Any LIMITED EDITION Panini World Cup 2010 Rare Tracker STICKERS A Z
Time Remaining: 1d 23h 59m
Buy It Now for only: $1.66
UMBRO ENGLAND 2010 WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION AWAY JERSEY SHIRT CAMISETA MAGLIA M
Time Remaining: 2d 8h 23m
2010 FIFA WORLD CUP SOUTH AFRICA track JACKET ENGLAND 101534933 unisex size XL
Time Remaining: 5d 14h 3m